CrowdSupport®
KA19
Level 1: Cadet

Can I use NordVPN or other VPN accounts with the the Telstra Smart Modem?

Answered

I have the Telstra Gen2 Smart Modem. I am looking to get myself NordVPN or another similar service. 

I just wanted to confirm if this Modem would allow me to connect using one of these services?

I am unfamiliar with how these service work but would I need to change settings on the modem?

thanks!

K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: Can I use NordVPN or other VPN accounts with the the Telstra Smart Modem?

@KA19 wrote:

I have the Telstra Gen2 Smart Modem. I am looking to get myself NordVPN or another similar service. 

I just wanted to confirm if this Modem would allow me to connect using one of these services?

I am unfamiliar with how these service work but would I need to change settings on the modem?

thanks!

K

@KA19 If you just want to run NordVPN, or any other VPN, on the PC, then it will work without a problem.

I use NordVPN myself at times, albeit with a Telstra Frontier modem, but the same principal.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

@KA19 wrote:

thanks!

K

@KA19 If you just want to run NordVPN, or any other VPN, on the PC, then it will work without a problem.

I use NordVPN myself at times, albeit with a Telstra Frontier modem, but the same principal.

View solution in original post

KA19
Level 1: Cadet

Awesome. 

Thank you, I would guess running it through a Raspberry Pi is the same principle?

Highlighted

@KA19 Yep.

From what I just quickly read, NordVPN works with RP.

From their FAQ:

The most difficult part of setting up VPN on Raspberry Pi is to find a compatible VPN service. NordVPN is one of the few providers who offer compatibility, guidelines and tech support for Raspberry Pi.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more