RakaTa
Level 1: Cadet

Can’t access My Gateway

I’m having trouble accessing My Gateway on my Telstra Smart Modem. The signal light had been off recently but the link, online and phone lights remained green so I could still connect and use the NBN.

I tried accessing My Gateway and it either have me a “Page Nor Found” or a weird log in page that I’ve never seen before. I restarted the modem and also did a hard reset with the reset button on the modem. Now the signal light is orange, which has worked fine in the past, but I still can’t access My Gateway, our PS4 can’t connect, our Telstra TV is watchable but is a little slow, some web browsing is slow. I used our Telstra Home Dashboard and connection looks good and wifi tests are fine, but when I tired to trouble shoot via the app, it was unable to communicate with the modem although it was able to connect to it.

Sometimes I get access to My Gateway but as soon as I refresh or move onto another area it reverts to the “Page Not Found” or the log in page that I’ve never seen before.

This was a replacement modem that we got about a month ago due to a previous problem with the NBN that was recently resolved. I tried using the old modem and the same issue is still the same not being able to access My Gateway with issues of some of our devices connecting to the modem but not connecting to the network.

I’ve checked outages in my area and Telstra is unable to detect any outages.

Please help....

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Can’t access My Gateway

Have you tried connecting to modem’s GUI with the NBN disconnected.(WAN or DSL port disconnected). If still unable to access modem’s GUI then it is not due to a network fault. As it happens on two modems has to be either a fault on your local network or on the device you are trying to access the modem. Trying disconnecting all devices from modem except for device trying to access modem.
RakaTa

Thanks. Will give it a go. Just to show you what comes up when I enter the address. Capture.PNG

Looks like the log in page for an IP camera? If you have any security camera’s connected try logging into modem with the cameras disconnected.

RakaTa

Thanks for that. It worked. Now to try and reconnect my security cameras without it interfering with my modem. It never did that in the past.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Raka Ta, please let us know how you get on and that everything is up and running again. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

One of the cameras will be configured with the same IP address as the modem. Will need to log in to the camera and change is IP address to either use DHCP (auto) or use an different IP address that is within address range of modem. If you post make and model might be able to give more detailed information  on how to do this.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more