CrowdSupport®
hfinger
Level 1: Cadet

Can't access Netgear CG3100D-2BPAUS setup page

Answered

I signed up for a Telstra plan on Friday, 25 October 2013, and the Netgear CG3100D-2BPAUS modem/router arrived today. I connected it to my computer and was able to access the home setup page at 192.168.0.1.

However running the installation program off the CD, I can access the Internet successfully and print to my wireless Epson TX550W printer.

But now I cannot browse to 192.168.0.1!  Does installation change the IP address of the modem/router?  How can I get access?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Can't access Netgear CG3100D-2BPAUS setup page

Hi hfinger,

You can try accessing the modem via http://192.168.100.1. Otherwise, have you tried restarting the modem or returning it to factory default settings?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi hfinger,

You can try accessing the modem via http://192.168.100.1. Otherwise, have you tried restarting the modem or returning it to factory default settings?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Highlighted
hfinger

Thanks, Shelly. A post on Whirlpool also suggested 192.168.100.1 and this worked fine. -- Hedley

Have the same problem however after resetting to factory default I actually get the login page on 192.168.0.1 asking for user and password. I enter in 'admin' (for admin) and 'password' (for password) however it keeps asking for user and password again. Have done the following.

1. Set the CG3100 to a standalone wired lan connection to the PC.

2. Turned off all other wireless sources

3. Hit the reset factory default button on the bottom of the unit. The front LED'S confirmed this occurred.

Any ideas most appreciated.

Thanks

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now