CrowdSupport®
Level 4: Private Eye

Can't get my new Samsung SMART aircon to connect via Wifi

Answered

Hi

I have just bought a Samsung Smart aircon. I can see it has found my router,\ (according to the manual, if it blinks on the Wifi light, it means connected to router but not the Internet).

When I try & set up the Network Settings on the Samsung app on my phone, it just hangs until saying "Connection failed".

My router is a Bigpond Netgear Wifi router.

I've tried adding manually new Guest Network (with a different name and password), and giving the Aircon unit;s WiFi an IP Address manually to access it; the main Network (i.e. the one used by everyone else in the house) is WPA-PSK[TKIP] + WPA2-PSK[AES]. I didn't really think that would work, but thought I'd give it a go.

But still didn't connect. The aircon unit works fine otherwise.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Can't get my new Samsung SMART aircon to connect via Wifi

Okay - I managed to fix it.

Ironically, it worked when I tried with my wife's iPhone (!). I got it hooked up to the router, then registered it online, then authenticated (on my phone as well.

Works prefectly now.

Thanks for your suggestions (the Wifi hints may actually be useful in the future, too).

Cheers :-)

Brad

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
39 REPLIES 39
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Ain't so smart.. I'm sure it'll be handy having the AC connected to the internet.. Still it's the first thing that fails in those units and as there integrated the whole unit fall over..

Anyway.. Without a model number so folks can track down a manual there not much we can suggest. If you want to see if to works, I guess you could have a security free wifi and if that works run from there?

Cheers,
Dave

Highlighted

Thanks Dave - yeah will try that.

Apart from the Wifi bit, it works perfectly; in fact it warms the house up a lot beter than I was expecting.

Cheers

Highlighted

Cool!! Err I mean that's hot Smiley Happy looking forward to your reply stating "it's" all working.

Still if you're still having issues report back with the models of A/C, router ect ect.

Cheers,
Dave

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Did you have your mobile phone connected to you Wifi network when you were trying to set the aircon up?

Also, try going in to your router and see if it is showing the Aircon on your DHCP Allocation table.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Hi

Yes the mobile was connected to the Wifi network, hkwever as soon as I hit the "Network Settings" button on the app, it disconnected the phone from the Network, then hung for 5 mins on "Connecting" before saying "Connection Failed".

I have a Netgear CG3100 router, and the aircon is Samsung AR5000 unit.

Its strange because according to the manual, when the Wifi light on the aircon is blinking (which it is), it means it's connected to the router, but not the Internet. 

But it's not showing in the table of DHCP leases?

Also, when I did try & manually add a new Guest Network, the IP address showed up in this table, but it was a different MAC address to the one on the side of the aircon. Is that possible to have a different MAC address? And if so, does that mean it was actually connected to the router?

Thanks everyone for your help and patience (bit of a newbie to this "Smart" stuff!).

Cheers

Brad

Highlighted

Your Aircon hasn't connected to you neighbour's Wifi by any chance has it?

The MAC address on the side of the Aircon should match the one on the router.

Did you follow the instructions on pages 7-11 in the manual?

When you pressed the 2nd function buton &the Wifi button, did the Aircon show "AP"?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Hi Jupiter

I've followed the instructions (several times); when I pressed the 2nd Fn button+Wifi, "AP" does show up on the aircon.

Maybe my unit has connected to neighbours, however the available networks in the area are all secured, so not sure how irt could? The aircon shows on my phone's list of Wifi connections, too (not sure if that's relevant?). 

Highlighted

OK. Sorry to make it sound like telling you how to suck eggs, but it is quicker this way to narrow down the problem.

When the Aircon is showing AP, you open the App on your phone and select "Network Setting". Follow the prompts on the phone to set up the Wifi Connection for the Aircon.  The phone will disconnect from your Wifi and connect directly to the Aircon Unt (AP means Access Point mode).

Once you have follwed this step, the Aircon should be able to connect to the internet.

Highlighted

If you have an iPhone, you need to select the Aircon as your access point before you run the App. 

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Badgrill,

I have looked high and low about this, and the Samsung website advises to check the Smart A/C App manual for further troubleshooting.

I can't locate this online and when I downloaded the app it didn't provide a heck of alot of clues.

I know it's not quite the same, but I found when trying to use Airprint at home, it failed unless I enabled Remote Access, or as it appears on the Netgear modems, Remote Management.

Can you give this a try and see if it works?

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi Shelley

Thank you!

I will definitely give that a go when I get home tonight.

Cheers

Brad

Highlighted

Thanks Jupiter. I have an (Android) Note 3, and it doesn't go any further than "Trying to connect..." (or something similar) when I hit "Network Settings".

I think I did select the aircon before starting the app, but will try again tonight when I get home.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi Shelley

I just checked & and the model on the aircon is actually AR30FSSSBWK1.

The link to the manual is: http://www.samsung.com/au/support/model/AR30FSSSBWKNSA-downloads

(the Wifi manual is the 2nd one in the list)

Thanks

Brad

Highlighted

Okay...

I enable Remote Management.

I also tried connecting to the Aircon and it comes up: "Obtaining IP Address", then "Checking the quality of your internet connection", and then "Network disabled because Internet connection is slow". So it can't connect to it?

Its wierd because the Network shows Full Bars and says "Very Strong"

Highlighted

Update: It briefly connected to the Aircon network, but by the time I started the app, it had dropped out again...
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Can you try changing the WiFi channels? See if one works better than the other?

I understand that you wont be able to move the aircon to a better location Smiley Wink but here is some general WiFi troubleshooting: http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Internet-KB/WiFi-Troubleshooting/ta-p/107516   

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Okay - I managed to fix it.

Ironically, it worked when I tried with my wife's iPhone (!). I got it hooked up to the router, then registered it online, then authenticated (on my phone as well.

Works prefectly now.

Thanks for your suggestions (the Wifi hints may actually be useful in the future, too).

Cheers :-)

Brad

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

As an FYI for anyone else with this combo/setup of Samsung A/C and Galaxy Note 3 phone, thought I would share my experience as I set mine up lastnight.

In-Home
First connect your mobile to the AirCons wifi, the SSID is something like SmartAppliance (has it in the guide).
Second then use the App on your mobile and goto Network Settings, this is setting your AirCon to connect to your wifi and authenticate so it can communicate over wifi with your mobile  

Next you will need to connect back to your home wifi (not the AirCon) and select In-Home.  

From there you will see any devices you have enabled on your wifi and when you click on them you will need to follow simple on screen settings to authenticate the AirCon with the app.  You will need to select the device and turning the AirCon on to it links up etc

Out-of-home

Mine is struggling to be located from the SmartAppliance website when registering a device, I have been enterening the MAC address and it just continues to search, finding nothing.  Thinking it is a port forward that I need to enable on the router at home for the AirCon to access the web.  Anyway I will work on that and report back my results.  Smiley Happy  

Hope that helps someone else!!

Highlighted

I'm trying to get my Samsung Aircon to connect to wifi.

I've tried the tip above, but it asks for a password to connect the phone to the Samsung wifi.

Any idea where to find this password?

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi sfododdsy,

Sounds like you need to refer to your Samsung user guide to locate the WiFi security key for your airconditioner. It may be on a sticker on the aircon itself. 

I had a similar thing with a printer that I was connecting to directly from my phone so that I could configure it to connect to my home WiFi.

- Shelly

Highlighted

The password is 1111122222

Highlighted

NathanCusWarner - How did you go certifying your air con on the samsungsmartappliance.com website? I am having the same issue where it doesn't seem to find it.
Highlighted

Having the same issue here and still can't get it to register on the samsung website. I have tried port forwarding and ensuring upnp is enabled but no luck. Also checked that MAC address is on ARP table and it is so the router can connect locally but there seems to be an issue authenticating on samsung side of things.
Highlighted

I have the same issue with my new Samsung AC. In home operation works fine, but cannot register the device on the Samsung website for out of home operation. Click 'certify', turn on AC and it doesn't find it.

If anyone else gets it working please post the solution Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Has anyone resolved this certifying issue yet? I have spent an hour a day for the last two days on the phone with their customer support trying to fix it.  And nothing.... I bought this unit solely for the out of home access and now im starting to get very dissappointed with Samsung.

Apparently they are escalating it to their advanced support team and will call me tomorrow with an update (which is the same thing they told me yesterday).

Obviously if this many of us are having problems it is a problem on their end. 

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I had the same probkem but registration went smoothly after I disconnected the power supply.  Turning it on and off with the remote control was not sufficient in my case. Good Luck !

Highlighted

Works a treat, well done for figuring it out! I flicked the breaker in the meterbox went to Samsung website typed in Mac address and cerfity and flicked breaker on. Went inside house and turned on air con and device certified within 2 mins or so.
Highlighted

Flicking the breaker also worked for me.

1. Entered MAC into the Add Device form and hit 'Certify Device'.

2. Went outside and flicked breaker to 'off', then back 'on' after a few seconds.

3. Went back to computer, then turned on a/c with remote and it instantly popped up saying it had been certified or words to that effect.

Thanks all!

Highlighted

SOLUTION HERE!!!!

I have been pulling my hair out for the past 2 hours and then went on to contact Samsung customer support to no avaiil!. 

Connecting "in home" is easy, it's registering the device on www.samsungsmartappliance.com that had be going crazy.

As someone before said the solution is easy:

1. Enter MAC and certify

2. Switch the Airconditioner at the Wall/Breaker (not just the remote)

3. Switch the Aircon back on (and make sure aircon turned on via remote too)

4. It should register now, and have be found under "device information" under the "My Page" tab on the website

Highlighted

My MAC is only 11 digits, what would I do. Please help out.
Highlighted

It can't be a MAC address. Does adding a 0 after the fifth digit help.

I've read in the past it can relate to the manufactures number and the second half of the serial?

Cheers,
Dave

Highlighted

just for othersSmiley Happy

I had similar problems with wifi connections, I mean connecion in the local net,

the solution was quite simply, "do not use aplication" recomended in manual - smart A/C - this one didn' recognized my A/C premum 2016

but use general aplication of samsung smart home

Highlighted

Hi guys,

I bought this unit AR12KSWSBWKNZE, and I try to do certify device on https://www.samsungsmartappliance.com, nothing happens. It is just spinning and spinning and I can't connect it and ad it to my devices.

Please help.

Bye

Highlighted

Anyone!!!

Thx
Ivan
Highlighted

Out-of-home

Mine is struggling to be located from the SmartAppliance website when registering a device, I have been enterening the MAC address and it just continues to search, finding nothing.  Thinking it is a port forward that I need to enable on the router at home for the AirCon to access the web.  Anyway I will work on that and report back my results.  Smiley Happy  

Hope that helps someone else!!

Did anyone done this? On what port is this aircon? How can I check that, or is it default, but what is it?

THX

Ivan

Highlighted

One tip - if your aircon is connecting to wifi via WPS, but you cant find the airconditioner on the app: If your router has a 5GHz mode, be sure to 'forget' that connection on your phone... it seems that the Samsung aircon only looks at the 2.4GHz mode and so your phone effecively isn't on the same wifi network.

Having trouble using the out-of-home mode... although device is certified on my samsung account, I can't find it using the 'out of home' mode. Might just take time for the device to be registered to the network for use by the app maybe?

Highlighted

same here...

have you found any solution?

ty, abel

Highlighted

Out of home not working any more. Used to work fine 2 weeks ago.
Over wifi working fine , re registred 2 aircons on samsungsmartappliance.com, deleted / reinstalled ap on phone, working fine over wifi with home function but with out of home ..attempting login then login failed.
???? Plse
Highlighted

Hi all,

the reason why sometimes your units are not connected to the app on your phone is on Samsung side, you have to contact them so they can fix the issue on their servers.

After I solved the issue in august 2016, in december 2016 it came back, and I couldn't connect my unit to the app, at all. I contacted Samsung again, and after several emails, they finally admited that they had a problem on their main global server, which is who knows where.

Now, I can again control my unit from inside and outside.

BR

Ivan

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more