CrowdSupport®
Wraith1
Level 1: Cadet

Can't scan and email from Ricoh printer with Smart Modem

I have just install the smart modem and connected my Ricoh aficio printer via USB on the modem. After installing the printer I can print no problems but I can't scan and email now from my printer. Can anyone suggest a fix for this?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Can't scan and email from Ricoh printer with Smart Modem

The USB port only supports the printer function and does not support the printers scanning function. If you have an old modem that you used to plug your printer into you can set the old modem up as print server and connect its LAN to the LAN port of the Smart Modem .

To do this

• Turn off WiFi on old modem
  • Set LAN IP address of old modem to within the same subset as Smart modem but not the same as Smart Modem (Example 192.168.0.254)
  • Turn off DHCP in Old modem
  • Connect LAN port of old modem to LAN port of Smart Modem.
  • Connect USB port of printer to USB port of old modem
Wraith1
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks cf4 - unfortunately I'm not that tech savvy. I have reconnected the old modem and turned off the wifi but how do I do step 2 and 3 of your solution.

Steps 1, 4 and 5 all done.

Thanks

What is the model number of the old modem?

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now