CrowdSupport®
Jon99
Level 1: Cadet

Cant turn off wifi on Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2

I want to switch off my Wifi to get the kids to focus on homework. I used to use the hardware button (or via the web app) to switch OFF the wifi. This no longer works. Any suggestions?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Cant turn off wifi on Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2

Hi @Jon99

Thanks for reaching out.

I would recommend connecting with our technical support team about a solution as it should be part of the settings.

They can be reached on 13 39 33 for ADSL and Cable or 1800 834 273 and say faults for NBN connections.

Please keep us posted with any updates as the situation progresses. 

- Stef 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Mkrtich
Level 11: Detective

Re: Cant turn off wifi on Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2

Curious - are you saying when the Wi-Fi Button is OFF, your children are still able to access the Internet or when you press the Wi-Fi button to turn OFF button the Wi-Fi, it does not turn the Wi-Fi OFF and it stays Green? Do you see any evidence of your children continuing to use the Internet within the modem's Admin Screen showing all connected wireless and wired devices or do you just see the children using their devices which are live connected to the Internet when the Wi-Fi LED is OFF?

I would think if the modem is not faulty, then all five Wi-Fi Networks would be de-activated - 2.4 Ghz, 5 Ghz, Guest 2.4 Ghz, Guest 5 Ghz, Telstra Air - didn't mention the 6th , FON as it may be distant to suburban users. Have you also disabled all the Wi-Fi networks within each respective page folio of the Wi-Fi networks as a possible sure method. Are you registered for Telstra Air, maybe the children are connecting to an external Telstra Air Wi-Fi network or to any mobile phone enabled Hotspot within your home.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now