CrowdSupport®
psx
Level 1: Cadet

Configuring my Telstra Netgear Gateway Max 6300BD

Answered

Hi, I am trying to access my modem interface / configuration webpage at the web address 192.168.0.1 but it will not connect anymore. The error message states firewall or antivirus software could be blocking it. 

First, I never used to receive this message. Second, I disabled my Norton software completely and the inbuilt Windows defender/firewall settings. Still no luck. 

I switched the modem off for 2 minutes then on again. 

I am on Telstra cable internet 100/5 (not nbn yet), windows 10 current version, chrome current version. Tried access through firefox, edge, explorer also. 

I have spent 3 hours today googling it and checking crowd support also. Nothing works. 

Any suggestions about how I can access my modem settings will be most appreciated. 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Configuring my Telstra Netgear Gateway Max 6300BD

Is it only the PC that can't access the modem. Have you tried logging into the modem using a browser on a tablet or smart phone connected to modem via WiFi?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5

You could try http://192.168.100.1 which is modem's IP address when in Bridge mode.

psx

Thanks cf4. Tried that just now, still no luck. Appreciate the suggestion though. 

Accepted Solution

Is it only the PC that can't access the modem. Have you tried logging into the modem using a browser on a tablet or smart phone connected to modem via WiFi?

Mkrtich
Level 12: Master Detective

In case it helps. Have you tried Clearing Out Data Cache and History on your Browsers?

You didn't mention, but have you done a factory reset with a paperclip in addition to a power restart?

May be a peculiarity not applicable to your situation. On a non internet connected Telstra DJA0230 modem (no SIM), I have found with a 2-3 minute wait after start up, linking to its SSID, it automatically connects me to the modems' home page. If I boot-up , then select the same Wi-Fi SSID, then enter IP address straight away, I get errored up to 4-5 times. Doesn't happen on other modems.

Highlighted
psx

This worked. Not from my iphone 6S, but going through Chrome on my old-ish laptop went straight there, no worries. Thanks cf4. 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now