Jar72557
Level 1: Cadet

Connecting brother printer to Telstra gateway

I am trying to connect my Brother MFC 6490CW printer to the Telstra Gateway modem. I have used the WPS to form connection between the printer and the modem and it says that it is connected but none of our computers or phones are able to connect to print via AirPrint, whereas we were able to previously. 

I've tried deleting the printer drive from my laptop and reinstalling but it now won't find the printer, it says it can't find the printer due to an error.

Any ideas?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Connecting brother printer to Telstra gateway

On the basic home page of the modem is a list of all connected devices. Is your printer listed and does it have a valid IP address? To access home page open a WEB browser and go to http://192.168.0.1. User ID is admin and password is either Telstra or telstra.

If printer is not listed or does not have a valid IPv4 address then it could be set with a static IP address outside the DHCP range of modem. To fix this go into the network setting on the printer and change the IP settings so that it uses auto or all. Alternatively factory reset printer.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more