CrowdSupport®
Bylie
Level 2: Rookie

D-Link AC Cobra DSL-5300 FTTN

Answered

HI all. I recently purchased a D-Link Cobra DSL-5300 to replace my Telstra modem. I'm on FTTN. Having some issues to connect the modem to the NBN network. Constantly "Connecting" but no active link. Any suggestions what settings need to be tweaked for this modem to work on the NBN FTTN network?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bylie
Accepted Solution

Re: D-Link AC Cobra DSL-5300 FTTN

Thanks everyone. Few settings needed changing:
1. Settings >> Internet>> IPv4 : WAN Access Type = VDSL Router and PVC Connection = Default Connection Internet Connection Type = Dynamic IP (DHCP)
2. Settings >> Internet >> DSL : Enabled SRA (read this on another forum)

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

There should be an option under the WAN settings that no username and password are required and it should work. Does the connection work when the Telstra modem is connected?
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Bylie

Yes, with Telstra modem connected all is good. With the Cobra the DSL LED does light up and shows a connection but the Internet LED constantly flashes. I know it doesn't have to do with the logon/password as Telstra last night reset my bigpond account password and the Telstra modem still connects even without me updating the password on that modem. Even if I use the DSL connection, would I still need to configure the WAN option?
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Yes you would have to configure WAN to use DHCP page 31 of manual. (No user name or password)
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://files.dlink.com.au/Products/DSL-5300/REV...

Bylie

I'll give that a try when I get home tonight.

Also check IPv6 settings tab that connection type is set to auto detection.
Bylie
Accepted Solution

Thanks everyone. Few settings needed changing:
1. Settings >> Internet>> IPv4 : WAN Access Type = VDSL Router and PVC Connection = Default Connection Internet Connection Type = Dynamic IP (DHCP)
2. Settings >> Internet >> DSL : Enabled SRA (read this on another forum)

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now