PhilStone
Level 1: Cadet

Dlink viper 2600 on NBN

Answered
Hi
hopefully someone can help me: we moved into a house with NBN (FTTP). Because my old Telstra modem got damaged in the flood I bought a D-Link Viper 2600 (DSL3900).
Unfortunately I can’t get it to work: I have connected the modem to the Uni-D2 port of NBN box, other end to WAN on modem.
In modem menu I selected connection via ‘ethernet’, ‘dynamic IP’, virtual circuit is enabled as is PPOE passthrough, NAT is disabled.
On the status screen it says that internet is connected, the modem has 4 green lights (including for internet), but I can’t go online.
Same if I connect via ethernet.
Telstra has checked my connection and that’s working just fine.
Has anyone had a similar problem and knows what I can do?
Thanks a million!
Flo
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Dlink viper 2600 on NBN

Have you tried with PPPOE disabled?

NAT should be enabled.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Accepted Solution

Have you tried with PPPOE disabled?

NAT should be enabled.

PhilStone

yes ppoe is disabled.
nat enabled doesn’t make a difference unfortunately.
computer directly plugged into uni-d2 (without modem) works perfect
Support Team
Support Team

I've flagged this post so our Technical Support Team can have a look when they're available in the morning. -Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Phil, 

If you are still having difficulties with this, can you return the viper back to factory defaults and test without any configurations then complete the auto set-up wizard and select the option for VDSL.

Let us know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

PhilStone

I reset the modem a few times and then disabled PPPOE and enabled NAT and everything worked.
Not sure why it suddenly worked with same settings though?
Anyway, thanks for your help!

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more