CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
viewer
Level 8: Inspector

Extend range of Technicolor TG797n v3 via Access Point

Answered

Hi,

I have the Technicolor TG797n v3, but find it does not transmit its signal sufficiently around the house for us.

I need to boost it along somewhere to help the "dead area".

I do also own a TP Link WA501G extended range access point.

Can anyone, in laymans terms, explain to me how I could use this access point in tandem with the technicolor, to boost my signal?

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Extend range of Technicolor TG797n v3 via Access Point

Hi there viewer, TP link make a deccent product these days, that model however is a little older though.

If you take a look at the following link, you'll find the full setup guide which has full instructions and you could try to emulate:

http://www.tp-link.com.au/resources/software/20091515434.pdf

I would though strongly suggest that a more efficient way to achieve what I think would be a more superior result would be with one of the special extender devices from this Telstra location: https://www.telstra.com.au/connectedhome/enhancements/getwifi#extenders

Click the link there for WiFi extenders

They are specially selected to work in tandem with the TG797 models, simple as just plugging one in, and can be used anywhere around the home without the need for cables etc., and are more than reasonably priced.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Hi there viewer, TP link make a deccent product these days, that model however is a little older though.

If you take a look at the following link, you'll find the full setup guide which has full instructions and you could try to emulate:

http://www.tp-link.com.au/resources/software/20091515434.pdf

I would though strongly suggest that a more efficient way to achieve what I think would be a more superior result would be with one of the special extender devices from this Telstra location: https://www.telstra.com.au/connectedhome/enhancements/getwifi#extenders

Click the link there for WiFi extenders

They are specially selected to work in tandem with the TG797 models, simple as just plugging one in, and can be used anywhere around the home without the need for cables etc., and are more than reasonably priced.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

viewer
Level 8: Inspector

Just an update

After trying with those instructions about 3 times, I gave up.

Either I cannot follow instructions, or it is not right? Does anyone else do similar?

The only way I won, was to buy a pair of power over ethernet adapters and get my device connected elsewhere ok.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now