CrowdSupport®
Wicked_Mick
Level 1: Cadet

Extra Gen 2 home kit

Hi Everyone, Im in the process of upgrading to NBN from ADSL2 (Kids and gaming friends are frothing at the bit for that) I migrated to Telstra in January, so I received a Gen 2 Home kit. As part of my migration to NBN (happening end of this month) I received another Gen2 home kit. So what do i do with the first / or spare ? TIA M

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
JM6
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Re: Extra Gen 2 home kit

I would be inclined to keep it, as some of the Gen 2 modems are faulty, so at least you will have an immediate replacement if the first one plugged in fails.
Telstra seems to give away these smart modems like they were lollypops or virtually worthless.
I have a faulty smart modem to send back, Telstra were supposed to send me a reply paid satchel to do so, but never did.
Use the spare modem as a doorstop or boat anchor.
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Extra Gen 2 home kit

Feel free to keep unless it appears as a charge on your next bill. In that case contact the NBN Billing team on 1800 834 273.
For Official Support Chat Now, or try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra Platinum Consumer, Small Business, Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more