CrowdSupport®
__spc__
Level 3: Gumshoe

F@5355 bridge mode problem

Answered

Hi,

I have a Sagecom F@5355 router/modem set to 'bridge mode' with WiFi turned off.

Connected to this, via its WAN port, is a Netgear WNDR3700v4 running DDWRT custom firmware. It's WAN Port is set to Auto - DHCP.

Rather than the WNDR3700v4 see the ISP/external IP address, it receives 192.168.1.3 from the F@5355. If the F@ST5355 is in 'bridge mode', how come it's not just passing through the external IP address?

Note 1: Today, I swapped-out my Netgear D6200 (stock firmware) for the WNDR3700 as I want more functionality from the custom DDWRT firmware. Before today, 'bridge mode' on the F@ST5355 seemed to be functioning as normal as I recall seeing the external IP showing on the  WAN port inside the D6200.

Note 2: The F@ST5355 appears to have DHCP enabled. Shouldn't this be unavailable in 'bridge mode'?

Thanks, Steven.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
__spc__
Accepted Solution

Re: F@5355 bridge mode problem

Hi,

The F@ST5355 was correctly showing as in 'bridge mode', and the connected WNDR3700v4 router was also showing as in the DMZ.

Despite this, the phone light was illuminated, and the phone was showing as available in the admin page.

I factory reset the F@ST5355, put it back into 'bridge mode', and all is now ell.

I have no idea why the F@ST5355 misbehaved, unless it was a response to me plugging-in a different ('unrecognised') router.

Either way, 'factory reset' saved the day.

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Are you sure the F@st5355 is still in Bridge mode? Try logging into the F@st5355 from a device connected to one of its LAN ports. If you can log into the F@st5355 then it has reverted to normal mode and will have to be set to Bridge mode again.

__spc__
Accepted Solution

Hi,

The F@ST5355 was correctly showing as in 'bridge mode', and the connected WNDR3700v4 router was also showing as in the DMZ.

Despite this, the phone light was illuminated, and the phone was showing as available in the admin page.

I factory reset the F@ST5355, put it back into 'bridge mode', and all is now ell.

I have no idea why the F@ST5355 misbehaved, unless it was a response to me plugging-in a different ('unrecognised') router.

Either way, 'factory reset' saved the day.

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now