mnonki
Level 1: Cadet

F@ST 5355 update to SMB2

Answered

Hi there - at the moment the F@ST 5355 Telstra Gateway seems to only offer SMB1 for file sharing from devices connected to the USB ports. Are there any plans to update the firmware to allow SMB2 connections?

Some context: I work from home and our network admin (quite rightly, from what I've read) has locked this down so work machines can only connect to SMB2 and higher. I'd like to have the shared harddrive to move files between machines at home.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: F@ST 5355 update to SMB2

f@st 5355 is a depreciated product and will more then likely no longer receive updates full stop

Newer, in-market, gateways are still currently using SMB1 (and SAMBA), however SMB3 may be implemented in the future
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

f@st 5355 is a depreciated product and will more then likely no longer receive updates full stop

Newer, in-market, gateways are still currently using SMB1 (and SAMBA), however SMB3 may be implemented in the future
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
mnonki
Level 1: Cadet

Unfortunate to hear - thanks for the response =)

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more