CrowdSupport®
danone1973
Level 1: Cadet

False email from Telstra regarding their "Smart Modem" being connected to 4G since x number of days.

Answered

After a weekend when my cable internet stop due to some issue in the area, Telstra sent me their "Smart Modem" which supposely falls back on 4G if no internet.

I did plug it once to test it and indeed, it worked as it was supposed to work, once I disconnected the cable the 4G kicked in.

However, the wifi of this "smart modem" is pathetic compared with my current router so I packed the unit quickly and plugged back my old router.

But since then, I keep getting automatic emails from Telstra with the message "Your Telstra Smart Modem has been connected to Telstra's mobile network for X number of days".

That's so false since the modem has been sitting in his original box for X number of days...

And I cannot seem to find how to stop those emails. Perhaps unless I plug back Telstra's  pathetic so called "smart modem".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: False email from Telstra regarding their "Smart Modem" being connected to 4G since x n

Did you reconnect te modem to the cable adapter before powering it if and packing it back in its box. If you did not reconnect the modem to cable adapter it will not have been able to send a signal to Telstra that it was no longer using the 4G.

If you want to stop the messages, try reconnecting the smart modem.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: False email from Telstra regarding their "Smart Modem" being connected to 4G since x n

Did you reconnect te modem to the cable adapter before powering it if and packing it back in its box. If you did not reconnect the modem to cable adapter it will not have been able to send a signal to Telstra that it was no longer using the 4G.

If you want to stop the messages, try reconnecting the smart modem.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now