DanKocsis
Level 2: Rookie

Finding media on T-gateway media server (tg797v3)

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.
I have a western digital powered NTFS 2tb Hdd usb to TG797v3.
I am wishing to view my already established media on my DLNA network including my ps4, Tbox and kids tablets.

While I was using the plex media server, my computer has to be turned. I feel that it would be easier to use the tgateway to remove my computer as I am not home during the day.

On my computer I can access the T gateway and view the media in my folders which are adults/movie title/movie or kids/movie title/movie.

However on my Tbox or ps4 I can see the Tgateway and can access it. Though I can view the media as there are folders such as videos/all videos/nothing.

I have looked on the web and noted a configuration page, however my router menu does not allow a reconfiguration via advanced/content sharing.

Should I reformat and then what are my steps?
How else can I configure my hdd?
6 REPLIES
DanKocsis

Re: Finding media on T-gateway media server (tg797v3)

Edit: Though I can*t view the media as there are folders such as videos/all videos/nothing
Technical Support
Technical Support

Hi DanKocsis

Try the instructions listed on the following thread and see if that helps.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware-KB/Share-a-USB-storage-device-and-map-a-netwo...

Need help?
Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out
All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

DanKocsis

Thanks for the reply, 

Unfortunately, the issue is not with the FTP - I can view the files, via the computer. however DLNA devices dont see the media, because the database wont build. 

Thanks though. 

DanKocsis

T Box -T-Gateway Media Server

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.
I have a western digital powered NTFS 2tb Hdd usb to TG797v3.
I am wishing to use my HDD via the DLNA network including my ps4, Tbox and kids tablets.

On my computer I can access the USB device via FTS and view the media in my "my media folder"

On my DLNA equipment, I can see the T-Gateway Media Server. However the videos folder has not been populated. 

I believe the issue is with building the database. 

So I formatted the HDD back to NTFS, thinking the next time I plugged it in, it would build the database. However it didn't. 

How do people with TG797 build the database?

ajbath
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: T Box -T-Gateway Media Server

Dan, I'm suffering the same problem with my TG799vac modem... I'm sure it used to work with the DLNA showing up on my PC, iPad, Telstra TV and T-box with separate sortings displaying including by All Movies and Folder. Folder was handy as I have my movies sorted by name alphabetically in separate folders (A,B,C, etc.)
I have also been trying to find out how to reset/rebuild/rescan the DLNA database so the movies list correctly but have had no luck so far.
Highlighted
dsafadsgadsgads
Level 1: Cadet

Re: T Box -T-Gateway Media Server

I am having issues with the DLNA as well.  Previously I could browse all media within sub folders (a few dozen), but now they are grouped into one folder.  With nearly 3,000 files that just isn't practical.  The problem is only when viewing on a TV (3 different Samsung TVs), I can still see all the sub folders on my mac.