CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Foxtel IQ2

I'm trying to connect my IQ2 to my Gateway thru a Netgear range extender. however the Foxtel instructions don't match reality. It says connect to www.mywifiext.net but that doesn't connect and the click "new extender setup" but the connection takes me just to the netgear website.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Foxtel IQ2

Your IQ2 would need to plug directly into the extender as from memory the IQ2 doesn't have WiFi capability.
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Foxtel IQ2

You would need to connect to the range extenders network first, and then go to that site and configure it to connect to your existing wireless network coming from the SMG2. Then you can plug the ethernet port from the range extender to the IQ2 and it should work as long as your extender supports connecting an ethernet device to it,

But to be honest your better using a powerline kit such as this: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TP-Link-TL-PA4010-KIT-Powerline-Ethernet-Adapter-Starter-KIT-HD-600Mbps-...

You just plug into a power point next to your modem and connect a ethernet cable and then connect the other half to a power point and connect the ethernet cable to the iq2. Foxtel use to provide them I use them and they work great.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more