woobs
Level 2: Rookie

Gateway Frontier Mint 17.2 Firmware and DHCP

My gateway frontier updated overnight to firmware Mint 17.2 (17.2.0219-820-RA), and ever since then my Ethernet computers that use DHCP to obtain an IP address take over a minute to acquire an IP address upon switch on or reboot.

Rebooting, power cycling and factory reseting the modem has made no difference, and I can get around the problem by assigning static IP's, but I shouldn't really have to do this.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I tried reporting this to tech support, but I think I only managed to confuse the poor call centre lady.

4 REPLIES
woobs
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Gateway Frontier Mint 17.2 Firmware and DHCP

Anyone?

Ozmoz
Level 9: Captain

17.2 (17.2.0219-820-RA)

That's a big jump from my current version of 16.3.7413-660-RF

I hope its not an issue with that release?

I need a coffee!
fragger
Level 1: Cadet

Hi woobs,

I'm on 17.2.0183-820-RA and I have an issue where some of my wired devices, especially a linux desktop lose their DHCP randomly and I either have to reboot the desktop or restart the interface nic.

I'm working through various issues at present, slow NBN, slow response Telstra Home, wifi drop-outs (or even no wifi connection to android devices randomly). I have the DHCP on my list.
The only thing going for the Frontier at the moment for me is the 4G back-up service, although I'm starting to question if it's worth the $9 premium per month now.

Ozmoz
Level 9: Captain

fragger wrote:

Hi woobs,

I'm on 17.2.0183-820-RA and I have an issue where some of my wired devices, especially a linux desktop lose their DHCP randomly and I either have to reboot the desktop or restart the interface nic.

I'm working through various issues at present, slow NBN, slow response Telstra Home, wifi drop-outs (or even no wifi connection to android devices randomly). 

I hope the powers-to-be are reading this and referring it to the right channels. We don't want to see a mass release to go out to all with these bugs :-(

And I'm not sure just ringing the oversea's tech support it will be referred on either?

I need a coffee!