CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
bythebrook
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Gateway Max 2 firmware update

Answered

I've got a Telstra Gateway Max 2 (TG800vac) modem running in ADSL mode. I understand that there is a new firmware update (16.3), but my modem hasn't received it--I'm currently on Amber (16.1). There doesn't seem to be any way to run an update manually, so what are my options to get the update?

The nbn is supposed to arrive early next month here, and I'd *really* like to get the firmware update before then.

I bought the Max 2 from a Telstra shop, and they added it to my Telstra account, so I'm assuming Telstra have a record of it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Gateway Max 2 firmware update

Hi @bythebrook

I have spoken to our faults team, and they said there is no way to manually update the firmware. They have advised to simply keep the modem plugged in and connected, and firmware gets automatically pushed out in batches.

So at this stage all you can do is wait for the modem to be updated.

- Justyn

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi @bythebrook

I have spoken to our faults team, and they said there is no way to manually update the firmware. They have advised to simply keep the modem plugged in and connected, and firmware gets automatically pushed out in batches.

So at this stage all you can do is wait for the modem to be updated.

- Justyn

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

rick_mojo
Level 1: Cadet

I own this modem/router but I no longer use Telstra broadband service and instead connect through Skymesh. Is there any way that I can get this firmware update?

bythebrook
Level 5: Eagle Eye

I've since received my firmware update. It has been reported on Whirlpool that non-Telstra clients with a TG800vac *have* been getting the firmware update to 16.3, if that helps.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Telstra does not participate in Skymesh so I can't confirm that we are able to push through firmware updates to devices on that network.

My only suggestion would be to connect your Telstra Gateway Max 2 (Technicolor TG800) to any service on the BigPond network overnight to see if it will update automatically. 

- Shelly

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now