CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Smalkurt
Level 1: Cadet

Gateway Max TG799 QoS settings

Answered

Is there any QoS settings in this modem? Before connecting our Telstra adsl service, i looked around and found

http://medialibrary.thomson.net/c/333/p/a1d509efd3ae790b5ddf1b742edd2c6c/Publications-xDSL-Advanced-... (scroll down to media access TG799vac) which says that it supports QoS. I use these all the time to stop the kids from using the full bandwidth of our Internet connection and slowing everyone else down.

After deciding to spend the $216 on this thinking that it would have the features i want, i get the modem delivered, hook it up only to find that these aren't here.

Can they be unlocked or am i able to install the default firmware to this device to give me these features?

Or will they be included in a future update release.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Gateway Max TG799 QoS settings

Hi Smalkurt,

QoS is not configurable on any Telstra BigPond modem currently being supplied, but I have passed your question on to our product lead to see if this is a feature that will come available. 

If you are able to install an alternate firmware of your modem, it will void warranty and of course not be supported by BigPond Tech Support.

Alternatively, as the modem doesn't have the feature that you need, have you contacted Accounts on 137 663 or https://livechat.telstra.com/ to organise for the modem to be returned and the cost refunded?

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Smalkurt,

QoS is not configurable on any Telstra BigPond modem currently being supplied, but I have passed your question on to our product lead to see if this is a feature that will come available. 

If you are able to install an alternate firmware of your modem, it will void warranty and of course not be supported by BigPond Tech Support.

Alternatively, as the modem doesn't have the feature that you need, have you contacted Accounts on 137 663 or https://livechat.telstra.com/ to organise for the modem to be returned and the cost refunded?

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Dank13

I have the same question on my gateway max cable modem from Telstra. I need to disable QoS feature on my router, as it interferes with Apple TV but I can't find this option on the router... Is there any ETA on when this setting is going to be available as a on off setting?

Or is thee any other solution for this?
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Dank13, 

This request has been passed on to the products lead, but we have no ETA on this yet.  As for another solution I can only point you to Shelly's comments above.

- Ben

lukejustin_690
Level 2: Rookie

As with any supplied modem from telstra best thing that can be done is switch on bridge mode and add a third party router e.g Tp Link with ac

I have tried every modem to date and still no luck there firmware is no good

better with a third party router and ask them for a credit

Cheers

Chris Nidds
grugsplat
Level 2: Rookie

any new on a update for QoS i dont see why i should have to use a telstra moden where wifi has more bandwith then Ethernet/Wired is alowed if i want to use telstra air i have to use a telstra modem.

Harambe

This is Telstra, do you think they fix problems that people ask for? most of the time they just try to sell you something more expensive. 2 years down and they cant even patch a basic function.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now