CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Gen 2 Modem and Gen 2 Booster wont connect

Answered

Recently purchased a Gen 2 Booster for our upstairs level, couldnt connect it to our old modem, so went out and purchased the Gen 2 Modem which the Gen 2 Booster specifically states its compatible with. 

Now ive tried setting it up and no matter what I try the thing wont connect at range.
Ive tried having them right next to each other and attempted pairing.

Ive tried having an Ethernet cable connected (Which worked but the instant the Cable was dc'd the connected dc'd as well. 

Ive tried resetting both and trying to force a firmware update because someone else in a different thread stated that might be a problem. 

Am I stuck with a $200 box that emits a red light? What am I missing here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Gen 2 Modem and Gen 2 Booster wont connect

The booster should work with that firmware version. Technicolor Gen 2 modem's with earlier firmware were not compatible with the Gen 2 booster.

Trying to set up booster with an non Gen 2 modem would have configured it as a controller instead of a satelite, so it would need to be factory reset. I have seen a similar post with the same problem and it was fixed by factory reseting both the gen 2 modem and the Gen 2 booster and then to pair them using WPS as per link below.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/broadband/adsl-cable-velocity/other-set-up-info/how-do-i....

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

What firmware no does your modem have? Firmware no is displayed LHS of modem's login screen

Have you factory reset both the modem and the booster?

Highlighted

Firmware No is 18.1.c.0384-950-RB

Both were straight new out of the box yesterday, so dont know if a factory reset would do much, though ill try as a last resort eventually. 

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

The booster should work with that firmware version. Technicolor Gen 2 modem's with earlier firmware were not compatible with the Gen 2 booster.

Trying to set up booster with an non Gen 2 modem would have configured it as a controller instead of a satelite, so it would need to be factory reset. I have seen a similar post with the same problem and it was fixed by factory reseting both the gen 2 modem and the Gen 2 booster and then to pair them using WPS as per link below.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/broadband/adsl-cable-velocity/other-set-up-info/how-do-i....

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Mate that worked an absolute treat, thank you very much. Such an odd thing that I would never have thought of. 

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I'm having a similar issue. I have paired my 3 gen boosters with my DJA0231 smart modem using the WPS technique. The boosters have all paired and I can see them as devices when I log onto my modem however them are not boosting the wifi. When I look at my avialable wifi networks on my devices I can see my main home wifi (the one I want to boost) and I can also see the 3 wifi networks being broadcast by the boosters which I thought would disappear once they were paired.

My modem firmware is 18.1.c.0443-950-RB. Does anyone know if this version of firmware should work? or have seen the same issue? I have tired resetting and pairing the modem and boosters a few times with the same result,

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more