CrowdSupport®
BJMcKenzie
Level 1: Cadet

Generation 2 Smart Modem Issues

Hello,

As many of you would be aware, the Telstra Arcadyan modem has issues with connection with the Xbox one. 100% packet loss to be specific.

I have read a lot of forums and can't seem to find a real solution. What I have found so far though is the existence of some other modem which is called the Technicolour DJA0231.

So my question is, is there any solution to the Arcadyan's problems, and if not, how would I acquire the Technicolour modem which, I have been told, does not have these issues.

Any input is appreciated,

Cheers.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Generation 2 Smart Modem Issues

There is a solution to the 100% packet loss with the Arcadyan modem. A new firmware 06.07r has been released. To get the firmware reboot the modem. The modem can be rebooted by logging into the modem and going to Advanced > Management > System Reset > Restart Device. Updated Firmware should then download and install. Front light will flash during update and could lose internet while firmware is installing. It might take several hours for update to start installing after reboot.

Firmware can be checked at Advanced > Info Summary

BJMcKenzie

Thank you for your reply, but just to clear some things up.
After following your instructions, I initiated a system restart and the modem appeared to do that. However, only one thing appears to have changed, and that is the Mobile Signal light is now orange. The firmware is displayed as the same and the 100% packet loss is still occurring.
I understand that you stated the process may take time, but is there a way to know if the process is actually taking place.

The only indication of update is front light flashing. According to documentation front light should flash white.

BJMcKenzie

I appreciate the response, however it does not appear to have solved the problem. After the system restart, which has a white light for a very small period of time before changing to orange for the most of the process, the light simply turns green and acts as the usual.

The solid white light is just the modem booting up as normal. The light should start flashing during update of firmware. The update does not occur as soon as modem reboots.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now