STILTS
Level 1: Cadet

Home Phone

Phone goes out of order, phone light on smart modem goes from green to mauve, Telstra smart modem re boot (power off) restores above.

This happens regularly, at least weekly.

Data not affected.

(NBN Fibre to premises.)

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Home Phone

Online light going from green to mauve indicates modem has switched to back up mode due to fault on the link. In backup modem if you have a smart modem Gen 1.0 the phone will not work but the data will still work. There is probably an intermittent fault on the link but as it is only happening about once a week you might have trouble getting a Tech to come out and fix the fault. On an NBN connection NBN Co will only investigate short intermittent faults if happening more than 6 times a day.

STILTS

Hi,
Thank you for the quick reply, however it is not the "On Line" light that changes from green to mauve but the "Phone Light".
I think you are probably right about the link.
Highlighted

I missed seeing the phone and thought it was online light changing to mauve. I have never heard or seen the phone light being move. It is either.

Off: VOIP Sip not registered.

White: VOIP SIP registering

Green: Idle VOIP SIP registered.

Blue:  Busy

Red:  Fault

The fact that the fault is fixed with a reboot of modem and it is phone light that goes mauve suggest that it might be a fault with the modem. You could try ringing support C1800 834 273) and report a fault. Because it is occurring on regular basis support might send a replacement modem under warranty.

STILTS

Thank you, the phone is probably Red as you suggest.
Well done and thank again.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more