CrowdSupport®
Compvet46
Level 1: Cadet

Home phone with NBN has stopped working.

Answered

Home phone on NBN router stopped working last week, checked and said "outage" at our address. After nearly 2 hours on mobile to NBN support, tried new phone cable, another phone which was working, many resets and trials, still no home phoneline???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ausgumbie
Level 11: Detective
Accepted Solution

Re: Home phone with NBN has stopped working.

Hi Compvet46

My 2 cents worth isn't much, but I hope it might be of some help.

My advice assumes it's just the phone that's not working, and you still have access to the internet.

After years of phoning Telstra help, I've become a convert to Telstra 24x7 Chat.

You need to choose a suitable category, and then you're away.

You have the ability to pass on more detailed information than in a phone call, and you end up with a transcript of the conversation at the end. (You can download it or have it emailed to you or both).

It helps to identify to the techie *the connection technology (e.g., FTTN, HFC etc) and *the model of router you have (e.g. DJA0230TLS Gen. 1 Smart Modem, etc).

Alternatively, if you posted that information here, it might enable some of the community experts to help you identify the problem.

All the best

ausgumbie 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 22: Superhuman

If you mean the Telstra Outages website stated an outage... it means outside your premises eg a local issue in your vicinity. Stated outages don't mean inside your home

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles "you" to be an expert at everything!!"
ausgumbie
Accepted Solution

Hi Compvet46

My 2 cents worth isn't much, but I hope it might be of some help.

My advice assumes it's just the phone that's not working, and you still have access to the internet.

After years of phoning Telstra help, I've become a convert to Telstra 24x7 Chat.

You need to choose a suitable category, and then you're away.

You have the ability to pass on more detailed information than in a phone call, and you end up with a transcript of the conversation at the end. (You can download it or have it emailed to you or both).

It helps to identify to the techie *the connection technology (e.g., FTTN, HFC etc) and *the model of router you have (e.g. DJA0230TLS Gen. 1 Smart Modem, etc).

Alternatively, if you posted that information here, it might enable some of the community experts to help you identify the problem.

All the best

ausgumbie 

View solution in original post

ausgumbie

I was a bit late trying to edit my last post.

I wrote "Alternatively, if you posted that information here, it might enable some of the community experts to help you identify the problem." For a good example of this is, see thread: 

NBN phone or internet work , but not together.

ausgumbie

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now