michaelbyriel
Level 1: Cadet

How can I get my refund back from double paying my last Telstra Bill

On Thursday 27th of June 2019 I double paid my Telstra Bill.

The following day I contacted Telstra on Friday 28th of June 2019 requesting for a full refund by providing my bank details.

I have not heard anything back from Telstra despite being told I would get a call back from their 'refunds team'. It has been over 2 weeks now!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: How can I get my refund back from double paying my last Telstra Bill

I think their automatic  procedure is to put uour account in credit.

Did you just email them or speak to accounts? If so, have you an Interaction number?

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Support Team
Support Team

Re: How can I get my refund back from double paying my last Telstra Bill

Hi michaelbyriel, Welcome to CrowdSupport.

@ProfessorPhone is on the money, your account will be placed in credit for the amount of the overpayment, and new charges will be deducted from the amount until the balance is brought back to zero or there is a bill to pay.

The billing team here:  https://tel.st/7f6tu or by calling 13 22 00 and saying "billing" at the prompt, will be able to organise a return of a credit balance.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now