CrowdSupport®
mjowen42
Level 2: Rookie

How can I get the new Telstra Smart Modem™ as a Telstra customer

Answered

It seems that after being with Telstra for over 2 years even if you sign up for another 2 years you are left with an old modem and poorer service. So to get the benefits of 4G back up on the Telstra Smart Modem™ one has to leave Telstra and go elsewhere? Has anyone had any luck in upgrading their modem? If so how?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: How can I get the new Telstra Smart Modem™ as a Telstra customer

The link below has information about purchasing the modem outright.

https://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/extras/getwifi#adsl

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

You could visit your local Telstra store and see if they have any promotions going including a free modem.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @mjowen42 From time to time there may be special offers which include a new modem when recontracting however I apologise we do not supply free modems ongoing. You can view current deals here:  http://tel.st/deals at any time, alternatively you can opt to upgrade by purchasing new hardware, we can assist via Bundles support on 13 22 00 8am-9pm local time 7 days or chat here:  http://tel.st/49kl 24x7 to order Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

mjowen42

It is interesting
mjowen42

Going to a Telstra store in not high on my list of things to do as last time I walked into one of them.
They were only interested in me until I signed the form.
Once I signed the form the service and interest stopped.
mjowen42

It is interesting that you say I can purchase one.
As when I was asking about upgrading this option was never suggested or offered.
There is no information about purchasing a new modem at all anywhere I can find.
So it would be nice to have been offered this option.
But it has been over 2days and I'm still waiting for Telstra to get back to me with any answer.
So thank you that at least I got some answer here but unfortunately I'd have to ring the same number that said I would only be allowed to upgrade the modem when I change over to the NBN which is over a two year wait at least?
Disappointed to say the least. Pay for a premium service but very poor at communication.
Accepted Solution

The link below has information about purchasing the modem outright.

https://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/extras/getwifi#adsl

mjowen42

Wow information thank you so much.
It amazes me that Telstra was unable to tell me this information.
Beenheretoolong

I updated my Internet at the same time my daughter 2yrs ago. Her modem was the new innovative model mine was not and we live in different suburbs side by side. I was not happy however, now I have no contract happy as a pig in mud cause I cancelled the service.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now