Highlighted
WalterSpace
Level 2: Rookie

How do I get my Thomson TG782T password

Answered

I have a Thomson TG782T modem. When I log on to 10.0.0.138, this goes directly to an admin log on for the BigPnd gateway that I use here at home. I want to change the password for the admin user but cannot do this without knowing what the current password is..................and this is something that I set up years ago. I wrote donw the password years ago, but that does not seem to work.

Is there any way that I can change the password?

Thanks,

Walter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WalterSpace
Accepted Solution

Re: How do I get my Thomson TG782T password

Own reply...I went through Telstra help (phone) and they explained that I can reset the password for admin but not to any own password. The password for admin is accessed when logging on to 10.0.0.138 and the admin user is automatically used with the recorded password. So therefore that admin password is never displayed or distributed because noone else should need it.
My query is resolved.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
WalterSpace
Accepted Solution

Own reply...I went through Telstra help (phone) and they explained that I can reset the password for admin but not to any own password. The password for admin is accessed when logging on to 10.0.0.138 and the admin user is automatically used with the recorded password. So therefore that admin password is never displayed or distributed because noone else should need it.
My query is resolved.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey WalterSpace,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport, please hang around, stay awhile and help us out in our community where you can.

Walter, I'm glad that you've resolved your own query. Normally if you were able to change the password before, resetting the modem to factory should default the username and password for the modem to admin and password respectively.

I don't normally change this myself, I only really change the Wi-Fi password if I need to. I just stick with the default but I guess for added security, you can always change it. Thanks for sharing your experience here with us. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Ronoula
Level 1: Cadet

Re: How do I get my Thomson TG782T user name and password

Hi, have used http://10.0.0.138 but it ask in me for the user name and password? As I need to change my password. Thanks in advance

zoetom

I have a Thomson gateway tg782t and I'm trying to access the settings on the router but it's asking me for a username and password which I have no I idea what it is please help
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

The default log in details for BigPond modems are: admin & password or admin & admin.

If those don't work, it may have been customised at some point and the only way to get around that is to perform a factory default on the modem. This is where the reset button is held in until all of the lights on the front of the modem flash once. This take approximately 10 seconds and may take a few attempts before it is successfully returned to factory default settings.

From there you will need to reconfigure the broadband login details and any other settings that have been personalised.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

mike15

Re: How do I get my Thomson TG782T user name and password

DAVE289

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now