CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
SK_81
Level 1: Cadet

How to know if Netgear router is locked or unlocked?

Answered
Hi,
I have a Netgear Nighthawk M1 4GX Gigabit LTE Mobile Router, that was included in a Telstra contract (which has now expired) but I never used the router and now want to sell it. I keep getting enquiries asking if it’s locked to Telstra? How can I tell this and is it easy to unlock it it is?
Thanks in advance!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: How to know if Netgear router is locked or unlocked?

Hi @SK_81

The Nighthawk modem shouldn't be locked to Telstra, however the person who buys it may need to update any APN settings to ensure it works with their chosen provider.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @SK_81

The Nighthawk modem shouldn't be locked to Telstra, however the person who buys it may need to update any APN settings to ensure it works with their chosen provider.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

SK_81
Level 1: Cadet

Oh brilliant! Thanks so much for your reply!

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now