Level 3: Gumshoe

Internet WiFi dropping out and erthnet not working

Answered

Hi after installing a Google home my WiFi became unstable and my erthnet connections all stopped working. I have Internet when connected straight to the modem but not through the switch which runs all the TVs and computers. Any suggestions

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution

Re: Internet WiFi dropping out and erthnet not working

Thanks I uninstalled the google home mini this appears to have fixed the problem. Not sure what to do with the google home mini now but not likely to what to re install it.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 24: Supreme Being

What model modem do you have? If you have the Gen 2 smart modem there are two versions an Arcadyan LH1000 and a Technicolor DJA0231(see image below)?

What Google Home device did you install and what make and model switch do you have?

Hi the only details on the modem are model no F@ast5355 and it was goggle home mini and I was using a TP link 8 gigabyte switch but changed it to a net gear with same issue thanks

Hi the model is a Sagemcom F@st 5355

Accepted Solution

Thanks I uninstalled the google home mini this appears to have fixed the problem. Not sure what to do with the google home mini now but not likely to what to re install it.

I have a google home mini and it works okay with the F@st5355 gateway.

Have you tried disconnecting all devices from the switch, connecting google home and connecting devices to the switch one at a time to find if a particular device is causing the problem.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now