CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
DizzyD
Level 1: Cadet

Just installed TGateway on desktop but cant access from laptop

The Samsung tablet can acess the internet via the new modem but my laptop wont.

I can see the wireless listed but I cant seem to access it on the laptop 

The laptop worked previously when I was using internode for broadband.  We changed to telsta

for the broadband and now I cant access the internet . why does the tablet work ok and not the laptop?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Just installed TGateway on desktop but cant access from laptop

Hi there Dizzy, I take it you have run the instalation CD in the laptop to get it setup properly have you.

When setting these things up, it's normally a good idea to do the initial setup via an ethernet connection then do your WiFi connection.

If you haven't got an instalation CD there you can download the software at the following link:

http://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/adsl-full-installation-download-for-windows

Sig

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Level 22: Superhuman

In addition to DEANJA's post,  is the laptop a Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 laptop?

If so, there's a whole lot of issues, from the way it supports WiFi etc

Make sure you have the latest drivers for the WiFi for the laptop, and I've even seen references to uninstalling/reinstalling the WiFi device:

(yes, I know you probably had a different router for internode, and it worked on that one), so it might be a configuration you need to do)

You might have to configure the Gateway to support AES instead of TKIP in the Wirless setup 

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

DizzyD

I took me talking to a Telstra Technician quite a while to get the internet to work. I do have a disk but had to bypass that and phone telstra for help.  I am so happy that I have internet connection after two weeks without it. 

I am so worried that if I try to reload it to make my laptop work then I might jinx things and lose it altogether.

The laptop is running Windows 7

Thank you for any help you give .  I appreciate your reply

DizzyD

I have read through you message, and take note.  Thank you for your help.

I will do as you say.  xx

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now