CrowdSupport®
Angelz5
Level 2: Rookie

LAN light on modem is flashing orange?

Answered

The LA light on my modem has been flashing orange all day. It's normally solid blue. Is something wrong? Will it fix itself? I haven't touched it for it to change?lan1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: LAN light on modem is flashing orange?

Flashing indicates data transmission which normal if browsing the WEB, downloading files or streaming video and audio. Orange indicates the LAN port is connected to a 1 Gigabits per second port and blue indicates the LAN port is connected to a 100 Mbps port so there is nothing wrong. The light will change back to blue if connected to a 100 Mbps port.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Angelz5

The big white thing to the right is the modem but it’s the thing to the left that is the problem.

Sorry I have no clue about tech etc..71227070_10162166179670545_4652198452065730560_n.jpg

Accepted Solution

Flashing indicates data transmission which normal if browsing the WEB, downloading files or streaming video and audio. Orange indicates the LAN port is connected to a 1 Gigabits per second port and blue indicates the LAN port is connected to a 100 Mbps port so there is nothing wrong. The light will change back to blue if connected to a 100 Mbps port.

Angelz5

I tried power off and on again but I think it just made things worse. Modem says it's on backup and the little box now has 1 solid blue light and 1 flashing blue light (the one with the arrow) and nothings changing. Been just flashing for about 15 minutes. - edit: it's flashing red now not blue.

lan3.jpg

Highlighted
Angelz5

All fixed. Thank you for your help.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now