CrowdSupport®
linyep
Level 1: Cadet

LG 60LA6230-TB doesn't connect wifi to Telstra NBN modem but does via hotspot

Hi

My LG tv is no longer connecting to the NBN modem via wifi, it does connect via my phone hotspot that is connected to the wifi.. It does connect via a wired cable to the modem. It's not the tv since it connected via iphone hotspot. this advice was given to me from LG support . How can I fix the modem settings perhaps to make it connect directly as it drains my phone .

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: LG 60LA6230-TB doesn't connect wifi to Telstra NBN modem but does via hotspot

Suggest you disable band steering in the 2.4 GHz WiFi band settings of the modem. This will result in -5G being added to the normal SSID of the modem's 5GHz WiFi band.

To disable band steering open a Web browser on a device connected to modem and goto http://192.168.0.1 (password is Telstra). Go to WiFi settings then remove the tick next to band steering in 2.5 GHz settings and save settings.

Connect TV to the modems normal SSID. If you don't see the normal SSID listed in the list of available WiFi networks then modems  2.4 GHz WiFi band is faulty.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now