CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Life of NBN Battery

Answered

How long should the NBN back-up battery (new or replacement) reasonably last?

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Life of NBN Battery

Actually depends on the battery. I have seem some go in a year and some that have lasted 3+ years. Honestly best thing to do, is just have a look at it. I have heard of some connections corroding/leaking and damaging the connectors, which basically makes them useless and people only finding out that there is an issue with them during a power failure.

Best practice would be to just have a quick inspection once a year, like you would do with your smoke alarm batteries, to just make sure that there are no issues with it.

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Telstra, i simply work in the IT industry and my posts are from experiences.
If you don't want my help simply disregard my post.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Actually depends on the battery. I have seem some go in a year and some that have lasted 3+ years. Honestly best thing to do, is just have a look at it. I have heard of some connections corroding/leaking and damaging the connectors, which basically makes them useless and people only finding out that there is an issue with them during a power failure.

Best practice would be to just have a quick inspection once a year, like you would do with your smoke alarm batteries, to just make sure that there are no issues with it.

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Telstra, i simply work in the IT industry and my posts are from experiences.
If you don't want my help simply disregard my post.

View solution in original post

Level 1: Cadet

Thanks very much Duck. 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more