CrowdSupport®
JoeCool_
Level 2: Rookie

Lights are all green and still no internet

Answered

So last night my Netflix cuts out and upon checking my NBN box, Gen 2 Arcadyan modem and Apple wireless networks, all are up and running and showing green lights. The only telltale sign in the flashing blue internet light on my Philips Hue hub indicating no internet connection. Apple TV, iPhone, PC, Mac and iPad all cannot connect to the web. Reset the modem and restarted the NBN box. Nothing. All showing solid green lights and that there is connection but no internet. Direct connection from the NBN box to the PC laptop via ethernet shows connection to internet via IPv4 and shows DNS addresses, but still no loading of web pages. Nothing has been touched since NBN was set up at the start of the year. Interestingly, my Bigpond email was inactivated a couple of days ago by Telstra due to suspicious activity....Hoping this isn't related. But even Bigpond Support couldn't fix it. NBN will be out tomorrow morning to take a look. Any ideas or has anyone seen this issue before where all the lights are on but no internet??

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoeCool_
Accepted Solution

Re: Lights are all green and still no internet

And so here's the result of what is the complete incompetence of Telstra....

My account was suspended due to a direct debit payment not being registered and I was apparently a month behind. I only saw this by chance when logging into my Bigpond account online. It showed a red message of my account being suspended and an outstanding balance of my monthly charge, which was already paid by DD.

From the online chat agent:

"It seems that the suspension of the internet service is due to an error when your email service is gets suspended."

Go Figure!

What I don't get is that none of this was picked up by tech support. They get told by NBN Co that it's a network degradation. Yeah, degradation of common sense.

Moral of the story: All green lights on your NTD and modem? check your account to see if they haven't suspended your account inadvertently. Thanks for your help!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

You could try disabling IPv6 in the modem (Advanced > Local Network), using a custom DDNS example 8.8.8.8 and reconnecting device with custom DNS.

Highlighted
JoeCool_

so I got this from Telstra who was contacted by NBN Co:

The end users service has been affected due to a network issue in the area. Network Degradation issue is under investigation. This Incident has been escalated to the relevant (Internal) team,

We continue to appreciate your patience.

At this stage there is no Estimated Time for Resolution ( ETR ) due to the complexity of this fault, however,advise the End-User to leave the Network Termination Device (NTD) powered on and the modem connecting to it, also powered on.

nbn will keep you informed via the comments field of this incident as our investigation progresses.

JoeCool_
Accepted Solution

And so here's the result of what is the complete incompetence of Telstra....

My account was suspended due to a direct debit payment not being registered and I was apparently a month behind. I only saw this by chance when logging into my Bigpond account online. It showed a red message of my account being suspended and an outstanding balance of my monthly charge, which was already paid by DD.

From the online chat agent:

"It seems that the suspension of the internet service is due to an error when your email service is gets suspended."

Go Figure!

What I don't get is that none of this was picked up by tech support. They get told by NBN Co that it's a network degradation. Yeah, degradation of common sense.

Moral of the story: All green lights on your NTD and modem? check your account to see if they haven't suspended your account inadvertently. Thanks for your help!

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now