CrowdSupport®
WayneR
Level 1: Cadet

Max USB HD capacity for Gateway Max TG799

Answered

Hi there.

I'm looking to add an external USB Hard Drive to my Gateway Max TG799 and wondering if there is a limit to the capacity I can add? I thought I'd read somewhere is was 2TB but can't be sure if that is correct.

Any advice appreciated - thanks.

Wayne.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Max USB HD capacity for Gateway Max TG799

• You should be able to check the maximum size by logging into the gateway and going to Advanced > Content Sharing. Click on the help top right. The online help for Content sharing will open in a browser window. Scroll down to the bottom off the page to find the maximum size of the hard drive. For all the Technicolor gateways that I have seen it is 2 TB.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

• You should be able to check the maximum size by logging into the gateway and going to Advanced > Content Sharing. Click on the help top right. The online help for Content sharing will open in a browser window. Scroll down to the bottom off the page to find the maximum size of the hard drive. For all the Technicolor gateways that I have seen it is 2 TB.
WayneR
Level 1: Cadet

Knew I'd seen it somewhere - you're right it's in the online help for the device itself and it is 2TB.

Thanks for your help, very much appreciated.

Wayne.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now