bonnie2016
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile Backup (LTE) has stopped functioning (Smart Gen 2)

Hi,

As of a week or so ago I have been using the backup feature on the smart gen 2 modem as I'm currently getting the ADSL plug repaired at my residence, but it seems I've ran into an issue as I no longer get a connection, all the lights on the modem and green (Mobile Mode, Mobile Signal and Online) but I receive no connection and have the small yellow 'no internet' sign on my device, I ran through the logs of the modem and came across two messages that may be of interest;

01.01.2018 00:03:06 [464XLAT] no dns query response !
01.01.2018 00:03:47 NTP: Unable to sync time with time server.

I hope somebody can help me resolve this ASAP as I really need a stable connection for work purposes.

P.S, I accidentally posted this in the wrong session, if it could be moved that would be much appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Mobile Backup (LTE) has stopped functioning (Smart Gen 2)

Hi bonnie2016,

Thanks for reaching out, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing  connectivity issues with your modem. Understanding you are currently utilising the 4G back-up while awaiting repair of the ADSL plug. Have you tried rebooting or has it been this way since you tried rebooting?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 24: Supreme Being

If the modem is used on 4G backup for extended period of time the the 4G backup first gets throttled to 256 Kbps and if continued to be used gets disabled. When this happens you need to ring support and ask them to submit a web form to have throttling of 4G backup removed and 4G backup and 4 G backup reconnected.

One other thing to check is that you have the correct username and password entered in the modem’s Basic > Broadband PPPOE Settings.

Was this a reported fault or were you getting the socket repaired by a third party?
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now