CrowdSupport®
Elwood395
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile connection on Smart Modem

Answered

I have recently moved house and have experienced delays in having a fixed broadband connection installed, and I have been relying on the mobile backup connection in my Smart Modem for internet access. This worked well until about a day ago when the speed collapsed from 6mbs to 0.15mbs and is now effectively unusable. A couple of questions... does the SIM in the Smart Modem have a mobile number attached to it and is it subject to a data allowance? Telstra said 'No' to both questions, but I have received a text from Telstra offering to charge an unknown mobile number with additional data. Also, Telstra Support said the slow speed was just network congestion and would sort itself out, but it hasn't improved since the throttled-back. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: Mobile connection on Smart Modem

@Elwood395 The 4G backup has been shaped, you'll need to call through to on 132200 for ADSL or 1800 834 273 for an NBN connection and request they submit the web form to unshape it.

You might have to do that a couple of times until you are fully connected.

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Mobile connection on Smart Modem

@Elwood395 The 4G backup has been shaped, you'll need to call through to on 132200 for ADSL or 1800 834 273 for an NBN connection and request they submit the web form to unshape it.

You might have to do that a couple of times until you are fully connected.

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now