RodentIan
Level 2: Rookie

Modem Arcadyan LH1000

Hi,

Has anybody had a successful upgrade of firmware from 0.04.14r to 06.07r  (as per c4) for the Arcadyan LH1000 modem? If so please reply with a "how to". I have tried everything I can think of. e.g.Leaving the modem running overnight with minimum connected to it, (crashes otherwise). I have monitored a friends modem who has firmware 0.05.04r , expecting a further upgrade in a few days. Result no upgrade in any configuration!

Makes me wonder if the upgrade exists. The modem(s) won't even upgrade to 0.05.04r.

Thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Modem Arcadyan LH1000

Mass rollout of the firmware update will be starting soon.

Previously a power cycle of the modem would initiate the firmware update.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Darn
Level 3: Gumshoe

Any idea what this new firmware has changed?

RodentIan

No. I'm still waiting to see if the update has been released. I'm running with a Technicolor 0231 which has no problems at all.
Aidan2

Mine won't update either. This modem is faulty on this firmware and it is NOT fit for purpose so I'm going to buy a Netgear VDSL modem instead and ask Telstra to reduce my bill by the same amount. Even Platinum Support cannot help you to get the firmware updated. They know nothing about different versions or it updating.

Its a joke really - first I was sent a F@ST 5355 (with 2 x 100mbit ports) instead of the small black modem (that had 4 x gigabit ports), then I was sent a DJN2130 along with an apology which was faulty out of the box reboots every 5 seconds by itself (all I wanted was the cheaper small black one).

Now I get sent the LH1000 which has a faulty firmware resulting in port forwarding not working. The only modem Telstra has sent me that works properly is the old one I should never have received in the first place!

RodentIan

Hi Aidan2,
Totally agree, I ended up buying a Technicolor DJA02331TLS at a TELSTRA shop, which is the next version , (I think), of your DJN(A?)2130 ( The one I borrowed was DJA0230 ), The 2130 got me back online while I was dealing with Telstra, which lasted 3 weeks. I don't know what the netgear is like but good luck. However now all is sweet with Telstra!
Level 24: Supreme Being

DJN2130 - Frontier Gateway (hybrid 1.0)
DJA0230 - Smart Modem Gen 1 (hybrid 1.1)
DJA0231 / LH1000 (Two manufacturers) - Smart Modem Gen 2 (hybrid 2.0)

Not everyone at Platinum would have capability to do this, though if they had of escalated it to their technical escalation group and they would of been able to do it. Current FW version for arcadyans is v07.05r
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Juicebox
Level 1: Cadet

Is there anyway to get a firmware update force pushed without being a member of platinum? 

You could try factory resetting the modem and see if it gets the update overnight.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Juicebox
Level 1: Cadet

Ok will do thankyou for the reply, im getting 0.9Mb/s on a 100/40 plan on HFC and im getting 85ish down, after being sent 3 modems im hoping a firmware update will do the trick though i doubt it. I used to get 115Mb/s on cable about 2 months ago, shoudnt have changed to NBN -.

Ill keep people posted if my modem does update of not. Smiley Happy
RodentIan

Hi Yastiandrie,
Thanks for the info regarding the version #s. It is interesting that the two manufactures for Gen 2 appear to have the same specifications but one worked and the other doesn't for me. I hope all you out there have luck with the update at 0.07.05r for the LH1000. I am happy at present with the Technicolor DJA 0231TLS ver # 18.1.c.0241-950-RA. Having said that I would be still interested when someone has a successful update to now 0.07.05r for the LH1000.
Regards.

If you connect your Arcydian to the Technicolour and turn off the Arcadian's WiFi the modem will eventually receive the update overnight. However if you use your home phone I wouldn't recommend doing this.

Aidan2

Well I figured out what the problem for me was at least the LH1000 doesn't support NAT loopback which is something that even my Netgear N300 from 2011 supports!

In fact I cant think of any of my ADSL/NBN modems that doesn't have this feature working. To me this is a bug can the support staff in this thread please let your techs know even the guys in Platinum didn't know this. Would have saved me 4 calls and 4 live chats plus a lot of frustration.

I haven't been able to confirm if its fixed in 0.07 firmware because im still waiting to be updated.

You still need to do automated firmware push outs but you should provide it for tech savvy people you have no idea how frustrating it is to not be allowed to update your own firmware.

Firmware update .07.05r does not provide NAT loop back.  Some Telstra technical staff already know about lack of NAT loop back and it should be provided in a later firmware update.

It took about 9 months for the Telstra Sagemcom F@st5355 to be provided with NAT loop back after it was first released.

Highlighted
bigmouthmedia

I got mine this week - and on 0.05.04r - when will it likely update ? (mind you I'm waiting for the propogation to finish after connection today, so I'm on the 4G backup).

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more