CrowdSupport®
ChelseaDame
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Modem delivery delays?????

I talked my son into going with Telstra for his service when moving out on his own. He ordered the service 21 Aug for connection 6 Sept this Friday, however the order tracker says delivery of the modem has been delayed, even though I spoke to Telstra this morning and they assured me the modem was being delivered today, so far has not arrived. If he goes with another provider because he needs the service for work will he be penalised for cancelling?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
jhwiz
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Modem delivery delays?????

The connection timeframe in terms of nbn is the same with every provider so won't make a difference to the lead time. You should be able to connect as soon as you receive the modem via the 4G backup. As for cancellation, no, you would not be penalised but I imagine it will be on its way shortly.

ChelseaDame
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Well we finally received the modem this morning (at least I hope that's what the box delivered was). Luckily hubby was home as no one from Telstra this morning could even tell me if it was on it's way, They said to wait for an SMS from Star Track, with a tracking number. However there was no SMS or Star track number it just showed up. Let's hope the installation is much much smoother

Support Team
Support Team

Hey ChelseaDame,

Glad to hear that this modem has been received and I am sorry that there wasn't any notification received for the delivery of this device. 

Please do let us know if you have any issues with this being installed at all. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now