CrowdSupport®
RogerZ
Level 1: Cadet

Modem not appearing on available wireless networks

This may assist someone.  I have a next gen 2 modem and it worked fine for about 5 months.  Then I was unable to find the modem on the list of networks on my Windows 10 PC.   I spent days trying to sort the issue out believing it to be a windows problem.  My ipad was still able to connect to the modem but not the PC.  Eventually I had my neighbour bring over his windows PC and it too was unable to find my modem in the list of available networks.  After contacted Telstra support and spending an hour and a half with them their solution was that as the ipad could connect then there was nothing wrong with the modem.  I then went to local Telstra shop and after half an hour they were very uninterested in my problem.  I then looked at this site and found entries from other persons who had the same problem.  Armed with this information I recontacted Telstra support and after another 70 minutes I convinced the operator that there was an issue with the modem and she agreed to send me a new modem.   I have that new modem now and everything is working well again.   This may help someone else with similar issues and do not give up in requesting a replacement modem.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Modem not appearing on available wireless networks

Hi @RogerZ,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

If you want to make sure everything is ok on our end with the nbn service, please first check there are no disruptions listed under 'Home Phone' or 'Internet' for your address here 

If there's not, my advice would be to login here & complete the troubleshooting as it may help fix any issues you're currently experiencing, but also helps speed up the fault process if you need to call our nbn fault team on 1800 834 273. If they're unable to resolve over the phone, they may monitor the connection or arrange a tech appointment. 

If there's anything else you need assistance with, please let me know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now