CrowdSupport®
mpurches
Level 1: Cadet

Modem not opening ports FAST5355-A

Hey, this has been giving me headaches for quite awhile and had given up on it but have come back to it now.

Login to FAST Telstra NBN modem. 

Select device connected to LAN to port forward on in this case the SEVER.

Click port forwarding.

Set these options.

PLEX
UDP*10.0.0.253240032400

Port 32400 on Open Port Check still continually blocked. Windows firewall is not running on device.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Modem not opening ports FAST5355-A

Even if Firewall is disabled PC has to be configured to listen on port for port to be shown as open. Is Plex running on the PC when you test if the port is open.

Have you tried using TCP protocol? My understanding is that PLEX uses the TCP protocol not UDP.

Have you set the PLEX media server to use port 32400?

To do this

1. Open Plex Web App and make sure you’re signed in to your Plex Account on the server under Settings > Server > General
  2. Go to Settings > Server > Remote Access
  3. If needed, toggle the Show Advanced button to ensure the appropriate options are visible
  4. Enable the Manually specify public port checkbox
  5. Enter the 32400 into the box

mpurches

You are correct sorry is TCP my mistake on above, and PLEX is running around the clock on the server so should always be listening.

I have already configured PLEX exactly to your instructions sadly as well. I just added another test port '2000' and when checking with open port telling me this is also closed. :/

I installed Plex on my PC. It automatically set up port forwarding rule using UPNP. Tested open at Canyoseeme.org.

What type of internet connection do you have?
When you test with port checker tool does the IP address match the WAN address on the F@st5355 gateway?
mpurches

NBN 100 speed, The IP address does match the WAN address.

What's even weirder now running any type of scan I'm getting every port is closed in response even while I sit here on the internet on the same machine.

Network goes, Sever -> 24 port unmanaged switch -> NBN Modem.

All ports should be closed unless there is a rule set up in the gateway and a device is listening in on those ports. Even port 80 will show as closed unless there is a WEB server running on your LAN and the port is forwarded in the gateway.
You could changing firewall in gateway to a lower setting or try connecting PC to the Gateway directly without using the switch.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now