CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Jk41
Level 2: Rookie

Modem settings

Answered
Hello
We have a tplink archer vr900. We have been using it with telstra adsl2 perfectly.
Now we have moved and have nbn. The nbn technician has been and the lines are working. I have now set up my computer and modem, plugged it in but no internet. The dsl light is solid white, but my internet is red. Does anyone know what settings I need to set for the tplink?
Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Modem settings

The two most likely solutions are:

• Your network settings on your devices need to be reset (on your PC, use the Network Troubleshooter, on your wireless devices forget the connection and set back up).
  • Your NBN connection hasn't been fully provisioned yet (shouldn't take more than 4 hours, worst case). Go to fix.telstra.com on your mobile and run through the troubleshooting (as much as you can, anyway - designed around Telstra modem). Then call 1800 834 273 to get them to check your account to see if it is still provisioning if the troubleshooting doesn't fix the problem.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7

Change your connection mode from PPoE to IPoE in your modem (and no login details are required).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Jk41

Thank you for your reply. I can not change the Pppoe setting.
Jk41

I have options of pppoe, static uip, dynamic ip, and bridge.

Try Dynamic IP.

If that doesn't work, use the Quick Setup option at the top of the page. see Page 13 of https://static.tp-link.com/1910012121_ArcherVR900(EU)(AU)_V3_UG.pdf

Jk41

You are amazing . I have all lights green. Thank you.
However, Can you hazard a guess as to why my internet is not working on my pc or wirelessly?
Accepted Solution

The two most likely solutions are:

• Your network settings on your devices need to be reset (on your PC, use the Network Troubleshooter, on your wireless devices forget the connection and set back up).
  • Your NBN connection hasn't been fully provisioned yet (shouldn't take more than 4 hours, worst case). Go to fix.telstra.com on your mobile and run through the troubleshooting (as much as you can, anyway - designed around Telstra modem). Then call 1800 834 273 to get them to check your account to see if it is still provisioning if the troubleshooting doesn't fix the problem.
Jk41

Thank you jupiter. All set. I appreciate your help and time.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now