CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
taimalan
Level 1: Cadet

My Netgear N600 router ignores ethernet connection to Pc and Pc uses slow WiFi signal .

Answered

I am connected to Telstra Velocity with Apartment building fiber connected. I have retained my Netgear N600 with a Range extender WN2500. My problem is the router overrides the ethernet connection to my PC and uses the WiFi signal which is very slow. I can't see where I need to change settings with the N600.

I will, as a last resort change over to the supplied Technicolor TG797n v3 but reading it's manual (not the Telstra one) I can't see anything about range extender compatability. I need it as I have a smart TV and other items elsewhere in the apartment that aren't wi fi and need the net.

Can anyone help with the N600 settings, I was on ADSL in old home and it was faster than I get now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TheWanderer38
Level 16: Secret Agent
Accepted Solution

Re: My Netgear N600 router ignores ethernet connection to Pc and Pc uses slow WiFi signal .

Hi

What about the iPad?...... more information please.

cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
TheWanderer38

Re: My Netgear N600 router ignores ethernet connection to Pc and Pc uses slow WiFi signal .

Hi

Wht don't you disable wifi on the pc?

cheers

taimalan
Level 1: Cadet

Too easy. What about my Wife's iPad?

TheWanderer38
Accepted Solution

Hi

What about the iPad?...... more information please.

cheers

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now