CrowdSupport®
Level 2: Rookie

NBN Connection : configure F@st 5355TLS Modem for Apple TV 2nd Gen

Answered

Frustrated...

Have been powered-off network for 8 weeks (travel)...  my Network has been configured for 2 years as "mygateway modem" connected LAN cable to my Time Machine which creates internal WiFi network.

Powered everything up - only Apple TV couldn't see the internet through my internal network,,,

So have by passed my internal network, connecting Apple TV to the modem directly wirelessly OK....... but still unable to connect to internet to validate date and time...

FYI: Was informed, Apple TV checks international date and time through UDP Port 123 on modem everytime the unit restarts. Once that's done, network connections can be established with my iMac etc. 

Would greatly appreciate any suggestions how to configure mygateway to give Apple TV (2nd Gen) access to UDP port 123 to enable time and date 'checking'.......  

Don't know how to go about that....

FYI: The Telstra gateway uses the NTP protocol and shows as current date, time and zone...

FYI: Bridge Mode and WAN as Lan Mode are both NOT enabled on my modem

Help appreciated.

non techie
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN Connection : configure F@st 5355TLS Modem for Apple TV 2nd Gen

One of The Crowd has created their own user guide for this modem which you can find here.

Please take a look through, it should help you with configuring the port forward

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN Connection : configure F@st 5355TLS Modem for Apple TV 2nd Gen

One of The Crowd has created their own user guide for this modem which you can find here.

Please take a look through, it should help you with configuring the port forward

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more