Sonic5
Level 1: Cadet

NBN MODEM FOR FTTC

HI,

If someone has a FTTC NBN connection can they please measure the modem and let me know what size it is. (NCD)  The one that is plugged into the phone socket.  I  am unable to find this information anywhere.

All I can see online is that it is white.  

Many thanks,

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Mkrtich
Level 10: Junior Detective

Re: NBN MODEM FOR FTTC

This link shows you the dimensions of the Netcomm NDD-0300-02 which I think is the NBN NCD.

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2703233. See clintvs post from 3rd July 2018. Since CASA Systems bought out Netcomm Australia, most of Netcomm previous web page spec and data sheet PDF links don't work.

Sonic5
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for that.  That seems to be what I am looking for,  Cant understand why something so simple is so difficult to find out,  I have asked Telstra and NBN and no one can help  Thanks again.

Mkrtich
Level 10: Junior Detective

Yes, it took a bit of detective work to find it. I looked at this module a few months ago and thought I had downloaded and saved a spec sheet but found I didn't. It's a pretty impressive world first for an Australian company to have developed this solution for in such a short period of time. It will be taken up by many carriers as it brings Fibre closer to the home by using the existing incoming telephone line cabling to reverse power the underground fibre conversion units in the footpath from your home. I think this is why CASA Systems swooped on Netcomm and bought them out recently. There is a great back story to the development of the NDD on YouTube together with other Netcomm equipment designed and made for exclusively for NBN - Underground Fibre Connection Units and Fixed Wireless Units. A great achievement for an Australian company.  Cheers. 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now