CrowdSupport®
-Kerrie-
Level 1: Cadet

NBN & Routers

Hello, NBN is coming to my town soon and I will be building a house in about 6 months and I don't know much about how the NBN works. I will have an office on one side of the house which will need a router to connect my computer (Ethernet) and my son will have a gaming setup in his room on the other side of the house that also needs Ethernet to connect. So do I need to have another router for my son and make a vpn? And from that how do I connect to routers to the NBN? Is there any others ways around having 2 routers?

If possible can someone please explain NBN equipment and how it all gets conmected.

Thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 20: Director

Re: NBN & Routers

Hi, Kerrie,

Thanks for your question.

You wouldn't need two routers at all. You'd set up NBN as you would any other internet connection. The NBN connection would terminate at your modem router which would distribute the signal via Wi-Fi, to which you would connect your devices wirelessly.

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited, and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: NBN & Routers

I'd recommend having a chat to your builder about running ethernet cables through the walls and putting wall plugs in the rooms you want ethernet connections in. If you run them back to a central point you can then put in a network switch that they all connect to then connect the modem to the switch

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now