CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

NBN and connection box

Answered

Can someone shed some light on connections and connecting to the NBN

According to NBN site and Telstra our connection type is FTTC

We were sent a FTTB/FTTN Gen 2 Telstra modem.  That also includes an ADSL Filter that was pre-connected to the DSL and PSTN ports on the modem.  I was told this modem would work and that only the cables were different to a FTTC one.

We connected the modem up on Dec 4th and received SMS acknowledgement about setting up our NBN kit.

We recently received our bill and it appears to be still showing our old plan of ADSL2.  The smart modem app also confirms we are still on ADSL2

1. If we are to receive an NBN NTD as part of our FTTC setup (or FTTN?), then there is no sign it.

1. Also will we have to change the rear cabling setup on the back of the Telstra modem if we get a NTD

Or is this all its going to be??   Our neighbours have what I would describe as a ‘normal’ FTTC setup

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN and connection box

You should receive a NBN FTTC NTD before transferring to NBN. Suggest you contact Telstra to find out why you have not received NBN FTTC NTD.

On a NBN FTTC connection the NBN NTD connects to phone socket  the DSL port on Telstra modem is disconnected and The WAN port on Telstra modem is connected to Ethernet port on NBN NTD using a Ethernet cable.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN and connection box

You should receive a NBN FTTC NTD before transferring to NBN. Suggest you contact Telstra to find out why you have not received NBN FTTC NTD.

On a NBN FTTC connection the NBN NTD connects to phone socket  the DSL port on Telstra modem is disconnected and The WAN port on Telstra modem is connected to Ethernet port on NBN NTD using a Ethernet cable.

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more