Brockaholic
Level 2: Rookie

NBN static IP issues

Answered

G’day I have a static IP address so I can connect to my home network remotely.

Since I transferred to the NBN the static ip no longer works.

I tried to change the WAN IP address in Advanced > Internet settings but it can’t be changed (read only).

I have logged on with the admin user account. My Modem is a Technicolor DJA0231

Have rang Telstra and got nowhere they want to charge me to look Any ideas ? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brockaholic
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN static IP issues

Well that worked you know who you are thanks for that.

Was using remote desktop with other ip got kicked out could not get back in.

So i try static ip and got straight in, modem even has static ip now.

Thanks for your help Jupiter & Yastiandrie

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
20 REPLIES 20
Level 25: The Singularity

The Static IP address is assigned on the Telstra Side of the network, there is no setting involved from the modem's point of view.

As you have switched to the NBN, your IP address will have changed as the ADSL & NBN networks use different IP address ranges.

You will need to use the new IP address that has been assigned to your connection.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Brockaholic

Thanks for your reply

When i sign into my Telstra account i have the add-on Static Ip

My modem is not using the static ip they have assigned me and i can not use the static ip to connect to my home they have provided.
I have to use the one the modem is using but it changes every time i restart modem
Untitled-1.jpg

Level 24: Supreme Being

Suggest you contact Telstra support to have the static address transferred to your NBN connection.  Because your on NBN a new static address might have to be created.

Brockaholic

I have rang 3 times and each time they wish to charge me to go into my computer to fix issue (Telstra Platinum) totally over speaking to these people i get no where.

Worked fine for 7 yrs the static ip on ADSL, so i don't see why i have to pay to get issue fixed for nbn.

I went to my local Telstra shop and they said they could not help and to call 13 22 00 so the circle repeats.

So that is why i am posting here to hope i can get it fixed.

You need to call 1800 834 273. It shouldn't require Telstra Platinum to fix the setting on your account. There is nothing that needs to be done on your end.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

This is not an issue Telstra Platinum can assist with as it is.

Its a backend records issue and needs to be escalated by NBN Assurance

I'd suggest rebooting your modem once more before calling them again

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Brockaholic
Accepted Solution

Well that worked you know who you are thanks for that.

Thanks for your help Jupiter & Yastiandrie

GreyBob
Level 1: Cadet

Was it calling 1800 834 273 or calling and asking for NBN Assurance?
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @GreyBob,

That number is the direct number for our nbn team. If you follow the prompts and say "faults" or "technical support" you will get through to the team.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Mel522

I have changed to nbn- but modem doesn’t recognise my startup IP address - I have tried to call Telstra about this but no help- someone please help me!!!!
Mel522

I have changed to nbn- but modem doesn’t recognise my startup IP address
- I have tried to call Telstra about this but no help- someone please help me!!!!
Level 22: Superhuman

If you're referring to your static IP, it will have changed if you've moved from ADSL to cable.

If you're referring to your modems IP address that you use to log into the modem, on the newer ones it will be 192.168.0.1 Not the old 10.0.0.138 that it was on older Telstra modems.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Mel522

Hi there my static IP address is according to my account- but I’m only see public when I look on can you see me

I would recommend editing your post to remove your ip address. Cam you please elaborate further on what you're trying to do with your static ip
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Mel522

I have security cameras I want to be able to view when I’m not at home & currently my up address is set to public & changes frequently
Mel522

How did you fix this I have same problem

The you're going to have to call Telstras NBN team on 1800 834 273 as if you have paid for a static IP and it's dynamic that's a fault. Otherwise use the link below in my signature to raise a complaint.

Mel522

Thanks for your help - can you advise what I say to them as this will be my 3rd call today - do I require the platinum service or is this a fault there end?
Brockaholic

As 

(This is not an issue Telstra Platinum can assist with as it is.

Its a backend records issue and needs to be escalated by NBN Assurance)

I was lucky my post from says it all.
(Well that worked you know who you are thanks for that.
Thanks for your help Jupiter & Yastiandrie)

Mine has worked without an issue since my last post you can hopefully get lucky and the right person will read your post

Cheers

I would personally raise a non standard fault after seeing your public IP address change after a power cycle and not match the static public IP address listed on your account. Its Not something you'd need platinum for.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more