DF30VR
Level 1: Cadet

NBN

My audio/visual equipment/network works perfectly on the 5Ghz frequency on ou rf new Telstra NBN Smart modem. However our new Epson printer requires a 2.4Ghz connection. Can the Telstra NBN Smart modem be configured to support both 2.4 and 5.0 Fix?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 20: Director
Level 20: Director

Re: NBN

@DF30VR wrote:
My audio/visual equipment/network works perfectly on the 5Ghz frequency on ou rf new Telstra NBN Smart modem. However our new Epson printer requires a 2.4Ghz connection. Can the Telstra NBN Smart modem be configured to support both 2.4 and 5.0 Fix?

@DF30VR Generally, when I find a conflict I turn off "Band Steering" found in Settings/WiFi and under the WiFi Network heading.

And while in there, above that (In WiFi Channel) make sure the Channel Width is set to Auto 20/40/80MHz (If its not already, I can't recall it it defaulted to that).

But @cf4 Is the modem guru here so he can correct me here :-)

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: NBN

It does by default however the smart modems have a feature enabled by default as @Ozmoz has mentioned which rolls both frequencies into one network name.

It works fine for most things but some devices can have trouble understanding it. Un-ticking Band Steering and applying it will separate the networks so they have distinctly different network names.

You'll find the setting via http://192.168.0.1 > WiFi
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more