zillah2004
Level 2: Rookie

NETGEAR HAWAK D7000 AC1900 Modem Router keeps cutting out ADLS2+ connection

Dear Expert My Telstra ADSL2+ modem / router had a problem reverting credentials to the default one hence can't connect to the internet Telstra confirmed that issue from the hardware and software version and raised a case number Therefore on 5.2.19 I bought NETGEAR HAWAK D7000 AC1900 Modem Router to replace Telstra modem/router Premises DSL connection is : ADSL 2+ For the new router I upgraded the firmware to the lates one which is : V1.0.0.51_1.0.1 before connecting it to the internet Internet is working but every morning receptionist has to power cycle NETGEAR HAWAK for the internet to work !!!!! Connection Mode : Always on DSL Mode : AUTO ----------------should I change this to ADSL2+ ? or AUTO is fine ? What could cause this problem ? Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: NETGEAR HAWAK D7000 AC1900 Modem Router keeps cutting out ADLS2+ connection

What are the lights on the modem doing prior to the modem restarting? How are the devices connected to the modem, via Wi-Fi or Ethernet? Does it affect all or just the one device?

I see that you have also asked this question on the Netgear forums which would be the best place for queries regarding the firmware in that modem.

As for the settings within the modem to connect to the Telstra ADSL network, I will provide them below:

ADSL Username: Your BigPond Username (i.e. username@bigpond.com)

Password:           Your BigPond password

Encapsulation:   PPPoA / VCMUX  or  PPPOE / LLC

Authentication method: CHAP

ADSL1: G.DMT (This modulation will only allow speeds up to 8Mb/s)

ADSL2+: Select ADSL2+ or Auto

VPI (Virtual path identifier):        8

VCI (Virtual channel identifier): 35

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 21: Augmented

you might be interested in this article
https://www.finder.com.au/fttn-nbn-router-comparison
its about halfway down for the info on this modem router
Telstra customer 15+ yrs, I am not a Telstra employee and never have been

Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so.
Service Status in your area
Someone asked to check your ping but dont know how
Check all your connected programs
zillah2004
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks guys Shellock and cretsiah

I realized the problem was with wifi connection not the ADLS interne connection ,,,,,means wired devices are working only wireless devices experiencing issues

Today I did contact Netgear by phone and they advised me there is a new firmware version via their website and I updated it today and I will update what will happen

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more